Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back someone had posted about some police cummins and there were alot of people naysaying about it then i had said that my local county sheriffs office had a fleet of them 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4 completely decked out with everything led welll last night i finally caught one sitting still only to get pics of it with my phone

·
Registered
680 Posts
thats sweet! I'd love to be the cop to drive that. I even wouldn't be so mad about getting pulled over if thats what was pulling me over. lol

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
What do they use them for? Recruiting at the drag strip?

·
Banned
2,615 Posts
ya at $4.50 a galon Im glad they are driving those instead of something that would be more fuel friendly no wonder why where all broke...

it is cool though :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The Sheriff has been using CTD trucks for some years here in Humboldt County, CA. All 4X4 because of all the steep dirt roads and logging roads.

·
texas
909 Posts
finnally a cop car that can catch us :w:
wish we had cop cars like that in sa

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
by my house by Chicago they have 08 super duty PSD, crew cabs with bed caps as police trucks. there unmarked too!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
well you sure as hell arent gonna just take off road and out run them now are ya... ha ha

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thats Sweet! I would love to be a cop thats drives a CTD, I'd have to bring a Smarty in my "work" bag everyday :peelout

·
Registered
258 Posts
In my home town, the police department has an unmarked bright red f-250 4x4 with flames on it. It looks pretty ridiculous, but you definitely wouldn't expect that to pull you over if you didn't know about it.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
If I knew that the police department I was financing with my tax dollars was buying Diesel 3500's for nearly twice the price as they could have Impalas, and were only using the thing for patrol duty, I don't think I'd be too happy...

Not my definition of an ideal vehicle for police use.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not really surewhat they use them for but i see the 2500's more than the 1 tons they also have chargers with the v6

·
Registered
328 Posts
If I knew that the police department I was financing with my tax dollars was buying Diesel 3500's for nearly twice the price as they could have Impalas, and were only using the thing for patrol duty, I don't think I'd be too happy...

Not my definition of an ideal vehicle for police use.
But if they last 5 times longer you would be ahead:lol3:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Around here DPS has trucks for there commercial units. They have to carry scales and a lot of other stuff.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Imagine the chase scene you could have in a movie:peelout

·
Registered
98 Posts
sweet I like it that is one bad a** police cruiser :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
44 Posts
before anybody gets to bent out of shape for wasting tax dollars on expensive diesel stop and think, the crown vics get about 12 mpg or less and thats a county driven one....not a city one i'm pretty sure the CTD is gonna get better milegae than that even on patrol plus its not scrap at 100k like the vics are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts