Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey PMT owners out there, do you have a fuel knock like the other bully dog programmer has?? was wondering cuz i was thinkin about getting one soon

·
Registered
450 Posts
skip it get a smarty jr......:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Smarty's aren't out for the 6.7:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Kevin, do you have a comparison between the edge/attitude and the pmt? Or are these two different enough. I know the BD is a downloader and the edge uses the map sensors right?

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
The PMT is a "hybrid" downloader. By that I mean that it loads all three tunes onto the truck and you can switch them on the fly which you can't do with a traditional downloader. It is also internet upgradeable and custom race tunes are on the horizon.

The Juice does connect to the map sensor where as the PMT does not. The Juice manipulates the trucks stock programming.

They are currently close HP wise if you have the hot Juice. The Juice has a few more features such as clearing codes on start up and turbo timer. More features and tunes are coming soon for the PMT.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Talking to the Bullydog fellows. They have a 180hp tune for the PMT BUT, they are waiting on some Corperate/Legal stuff before they release it. The guy called it there Crazy Larry tune for the 6.7. Sounds like they will be adding the Clear Codes on start up feature for the PMT. They would probably sell a few more if they add that.

I have one, i can not wait to get it on the truck but a accured a problem with it and i have to send it back to BD for them to correct a few issues with it. But once i get it on i will let yall know how it works. But i am thinking it will have just a bit more power than the pup. But i will just have to find out for my self. Also the display is soooooooo much nicer than the edge

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is there a fuel knock like the power pup?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got mine put on yesterday and as of right now no fuel knock.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I have yet to have a report of a fuel knock

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
hmmmmmm...might consider waiting on the edge a bit then and see how this plays out. I like the fact that it's upgradeable online where the edge isn't.

·
Registered
209 Posts
180 good nite the extreme and mp8 stack is a clutch killer. May have to get this new tune.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have yet to try out the extreme setting. I keep mine on performance for now, but im sure i will have to give it a try sooner or later, just worried about my transmission.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts