Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where should it get installed? The manual recommends post turbo on the dodges, but i thought everyone was putting it 2-3" above the turbo on the manifold?

So far, the PMT, AFE mega cannon, and EGR delete/plates are installed.

Already lost one 10mm socket, one 10mm bolt, and the old 2" round gasket somewhere in the engine bay :CRY:

Also did a little welding when my socket/extension rolled across the battery terminals. Oops...not a great place to keep sockets!!

I need a beer.

Tomorrow, if my exhaust shows up (f-ing UPS is late) tonight, will be installed in the AM.

Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Where should it get installed? The manual recommends post turbo on the dodges, but i thought everyone was putting it 2-3" above the turbo on the manifold?

So far, the PMT, AFE mega cannon, and EGR delete/plates are installed.

Already lost one 10mm socket, one 10mm bolt, and the old 2" round gasket somewhere in the engine bay :CRY:

Also did a little welding when my socket/extension rolled across the battery terminals. Oops...not a great place to keep sockets!!

I need a beer.

Tomorrow, if my exhaust shows up (f-ing UPS is late) tonight, will be installed in the AM.

Can't wait!
I would put it in the manifold Brian. If you put it in the down pipe remember it will be reading 2-300 degrees cooler than it really is:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Most people install the probe in the manifold to get the hottest reading.

What exhaust system did you order?
Good luck with your mods!

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Oh and Brian, if you drill the manifold a right angle drill will be your best friend:thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Mine is post turbo. If i could do it again it would be Pre-turbo.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...going to tap it tomorrow while it's getting the exhaust installed. I have a right angle attachment for my drill, but figure the shop may have something better.

As well as my day was going today, I didn't feel like trying it :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most people install the probe in the manifold to get the hottest reading.

What exhaust system did you order?
Good luck with your mods!
ANSA Silverline T304 Stainless with the BADP module (gen1, gen2 on order)

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
That is a nice system! I bet you can not wait to get it installed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts