Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm officially ditching the tuning portion of my PMT. I ran at Left Coast Diesels dyno day and only made 427hp at best. My previous runs with 1016CDS and XOP were 465hp in sept and 455hp in Jan.

Also had the chance to witness Backhoe Man's (Jamie) Smarty run on the dyno and had a chance to drive it. I'm definitely sold on the Smarty....

BYE BYE Bully Dog :hehe:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Im hangin on to the little 1018 hope ive got

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts
yep lots less power with the tunes we are running now

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Well I'm officially ditching the tuning portion of my PMT. I ran at Left Coast Diesels dyno day and only made 427hp at best. My previous runs with 1016CDS and XOP were 465hp in sept and 455hp in Jan.

Also had the chance to witness Backhoe Man's (Jamie) Smarty run on the dyno and had a chance to drive it. I'm definitely sold on the Smarty....

BYE BYE Bully Dog :hehe:
Im not taking up for BD at all here but you sure theres not another issue with your truck say fueling system or trans. Looks to me like your power levels have been declining. I dont remember the members name but one guy on here dynoed 430 with 1017D file and a fueler box. 1017H is by far stronger than D so i dont see why you wouldnt get a better number.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Im not taking up for BD at all here but you sure theres not another issue with your truck say fueling system or trans. Looks to me like your power levels have been declining. I dont remember the members name but one guy on here dynoed 430 with 1017D file and a fueler box. 1017H is by far stronger than D so i dont see why you wouldnt get a better number.
All dynos are gonna read different. H "feels" strong, but def not as powerful as 1016. It might seem like my power is declining and one might suspect its a trans or fueling issue, but I keep a close eye on my truck and maintain it diligently. The 465hp run was done using the load cell, the 455hp was done brake boosting and this 427hp run was done using the load cell again. Lock up wasn't an issue either. I rarely do 4wd launches or hard 2wd launches at that, but I sure as hell hope it isn't a TC. I rather let my Smarty do the honors rather than the PMT. :lol4:

I'll get some hp AND trq numbers up once the Smarty gets here. :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i dynoed at 432 on a dynojet with F

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
yup gets outa the shop tomorrow lol smarty has been sittin on the counter will let you know though with 2 new 3.42 diffs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.