Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the symptoms of this, i was thinking to remove the flap in the intake, and build some block off plates for inbetween the egr and air intake. I wanted to leave everything plugged in but with the egr blocked off to the intake, what if any codes are you getting with this? Woul rather leave the stock look under the hood for warenty reasons.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you have to take it in for warranty reasons, I'm sure they will figure out something else is wrong real quick.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
If you have to take it in for warranty reasons, I'm sure they will figure out something else is wrong real quick.
He is correct, and not blocking the crossover tube will create condensation from the heat and you will have a moisture buildup at the EGR valve on the intake side.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
warrenty

im not concerned cause im a dodge diesel tech so i fix my own vehicles and the manager respects my efforts in trying to better the trucks, he says it makes me look beyond what the manuals suggest which makes me a better tech.I just was wanting the stock look under the hood so no one knew that i did anything thats all.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Oh, then the only problem is the moisture buildup on the inside of the tube.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I have the stealth look now on my truck now besides the EGR harness un-plugged.(I have shibby made plates that I bought from K2 but I still havn't but them on yet.) You MUST un-plug the EGR harness in order to be able to clear codes. Back in december when we were trying to delete the EGRs I tryed it with the EGR harness plugged in and the edge would not clear the dash lights and the truck ran like $hit. As soon as I tryed it with the EGR harness unplugged the edge was able to clear codes and the truck ran better then ever.
Here is a pic I have. Its not the greatest but it gives you an idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts