Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Plowing with 2007 2500?

700 2
Any recommendations on plow setups? Blade size? Style? V or straight?, I have an 07 Ram 2500 Sport I'm looking to do some light plowing with (driveway, couple residential accounts).

Truck has about 95k miles and I am replacing the governor solenoid/sensor and doing a trans fluid change prior to any plowing. I used to plow commercially but looking for input on what people use for these particular trucks.

Thank you,

Matt
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Driveways/small residential you'll only need a light duty straight blade. Anything more than that would be overkill.

I run Boss plows and would never run anything else. Absolutely love them and incredibly reliable. My old one was 7 years old with hundreds of hours of hard plowing and still going strong. Only reason I bought a new one was because I wanted the new model.

They make light duty plows and I'd highly recommend checking them out. Awesome products and in the snow business their customer service is second to none.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, i found a newer boss straight blade for $2500 locally...but then found a boss rapid tach 2 power v that was used residentially for $1200...I think I will go with that one.. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.