Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In short, bc there's a lot to it, at 11k miles the injection pump went out on my 2020 Ram 5500. Pete Donaldson at Waxahachue Dodge accused me if putting gasoline in my truck, saying it ruined my pump. He sent it off to a lab for testing. My pump went out again at 16k miles. Blake Fulenwider, Waxahachue Dodge and Chrysler and FCA fleet dept didn't want to spend the $20k to fix it so they voided my warranty by saying I put gasoline in my truck. I finally got the lab results back and there's NO GASOLINE that was found in my truck. They won't reinstate my warranty, have blocked my number and refuse to do anything. I made a living with that truck that Blake Fulenwider took a $26k down payment from me on and left me with nothing. I only drive a Dodge until now, but never again. I like Cummins, but Chrysler and company showed their true colors. Cowards. I'll be going to Chevy. If youve ran into similar issues, here's my number. 214 622 7708.

·
Registered
112 Posts
In short, bc there's a lot to it, at 11k miles the injection pump went out on my 2020 Ram 5500. Pete Donaldson at Waxahachue Dodge accused me if putting gasoline in my truck, saying it ruined my pump. He sent it off to a lab for testing. My pump went out again at 16k miles. Blake Fulenwider, Waxahachue Dodge and Chrysler and FCA fleet dept didn't want to spend the $20k to fix it so they voided my warranty by saying I put gasoline in my truck. I finally got the lab results back and there's NO GASOLINE that was found in my truck. They won't reinstate my warranty, have blocked my number and refuse to do anything. I made a living with that truck that Blake Fulenwider took a $26k down payment from me on and left me with nothing. I only drive a Dodge until now, but never again. I like Cummins, but Chrysler and company showed their true colors. Cowards. I'll be going to Chevy. If youve ran into similar issues, here's my number. 214 622 7708.
Take your complaint to big FCA at (866) 726-4636. They can actually get things done and will likely make it up to you in some way—they took care of me when the dealer screwed over my Alcoa wheels during a recall.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 3500 Limited 4X4 CCLB
299 Posts
While I have been a big fan of the Ram/Cummins I truly hope your story works out to a better solution for you in the future. I've heard/seen the same stories from folks on all of the brands.
There's a reason GM is in the midst of a class-action lawsuit over the CP4 pump. They treated customers in the same manner for years! They no longer use the CP4.
I've seen several previous Ford owners on here that moved away from Ford for the way they were treated with warranty denials.

Ram has now moved away from the CP4 pump, as you likely know. This was done for a reason.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I
Take your complaint to big FCA at (866) 726-4636. They can actually get things done and will likely make it up to you in some way—they took care of me when the dealer screwed over my Alcoa wheels during a recall.
That's who I've called. Robert Renaud is who I was first speaking to there. Other employees create a ticket when I'd call then Robert Renaud would shut it down. These employees at FCA would tell me, we see several cases that were opened but all were shut down or closed with no explanation.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Watch, not one person from CHRYSLER or the aforementioned will say anything or comment.
Are you saying you think "Chrysler" and your dealers will not comment here? You might get a comment from someone affiliated with a different dealer but this site is not run by FCA and your dealer(s) may not even know about it, much less have an account here. So, yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a comment from any of them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I

That's who I've called. Robert Renaud is who I was first speaking to there. Other employees create a ticket when I'd call then Robert Renaud would shut it down. These employees at FCA would tell me, we see several cases that were opened but all were shut down or closed with no explanation.
Hmm...that’s quite odd. Maybe time to get an attorney involved.

At this point, what has been your loss, other than your time?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've tried going through the proper channels, all to no avail. And that's not half of it what I've shared. I'm old school when it comes to a man just taking something from you and would love for one of those tough talkers
Are you saying you think "Chrysler" and your dealers will not comment here? You might get a comment from someone affiliated with a different dealer but this site is not run by FCA and your dealer(s) may not even know about it, much less have an account here. So, yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a comment from any of them.
They monitor it. It doesn't matter, they're not going to do anything anyway. I just wanted to put it out there so others can be aware. I appreciate the feed back. I did end up having to pay myself to get it fixed. Trinity Fleet in Haslet treated me good. They put a CP3 kit on with adapters. Running great so far. But unfortunately I won't buy another Chrysler product.

·
1,273 Posts
I've tried going through the proper channels, all to no avail. And that's not half of it what I've shared. I'm old school when it comes to a man just taking something from you and would love for one of those tough talkers

They monitor it. It doesn't matter, they're not going to do anything anyway. I just wanted to put it out there so others can be aware. I appreciate the feed back. I did end up having to pay myself to get it fixed. Trinity Fleet in Haslet treated me good. They put a CP3 kit on with adapters. Running great so far. But unfortunately I won't buy another Chrysler product.
You mean FIAT Product. I gave up on Fiat garbage a couple years ago. Best thing i ever did.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only reason I bought the dodge was for the Cummins/never liked a dodge always something wrong this will be my last one

·
Registered
112 Posts

Did it “destroy your whole fuel system” both times it failed?

What did the cp3 conversion cost?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would try making some noise on social media.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have you also tried the BBB?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would also say it's a good idea to get an attorney involved. I run a small business, and I turn to my attorney anytime I have issues similar to this, cuts a lot of time and worry out. I wish we lived in a world of honest people, but in reality there are plenty of people that are willing to screw you if it benefits them. The dealer is not wanting to cover the warranty because they would likely be doing that huge job at cost more or less. I see this type of stuff all the time I'm my industry, where you have to fight for warranty coverage. Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it were me, I would stay quiet on social media (including here) and talk to an attorney. Be prepared to pay a few hours at that attorney's rate to get a letter written. Once you involve attorneys, they will probably back down. However, their remedy is probably to put in the CP3. I would've held off before having that done but not much you can do now. I would not expect them to pay the full cost of your swap, only what it would cost them to do the same.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Shoul have got Car Shield !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts