Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other day I was driving my 02 and it started to act up. It seemed like it was missing at first. Then later on it would just die the tack would drop to 0 and then it would pick back up again. It would run fine for a little while then do it all over again. I ran the codes and got 1693, 0230, 0341, 1689, and 1690. I was just wondering what these mean in english. Is the vp44 dead or is it something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what do they mean

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
well see'n as i suck with most codes and come here or MoparMan's site for help i don't want to steer you in the wrong direction...

but, the 1693 means squat, it just means you have a problem somewheres in the truck..

1689,1690--if i'm not mistaken that means your VP is DEAD or dang near ded....

0230--i think that's the one say'n your LP is going out or is dead...

0341---the camshaft signal...could be throw'n the code due to the 1689 and 1690

please don't quote me on these as i'm not 100% sure on it...

sry i can't be more help on the matter....oh...please fill out your sig...it helps others troubleshoot your truck without ask'n silly questions..

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
Reactions: texasborn01

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks looks like I will be replacing the vp44 from what it sounds like

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
:thumbsup: i was hope'n you were float'n around here somewheres....i hate dang codes but i HATE not being able to answer a question even more....

couple ?? though....1690? 0230 and the 0341? what do they mean in broken english terms....:lol4:
P0230 - Transfer Pump (Lift Pump) Circuit Out of Range Problem detected in fuel transfer pump circuits. (Open or shorted leads or your current pump is drawing too much current or not enough)

P0341 - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Signal Problem with voltage signal from CMP. (Weak connection or cam sensor is failing)

P1690 - Fuel Injection Pump CKP Sensor Does Not Agree With ECM CKP Sensor Problem in fuel sync signal. Possible injection pump timing problem. Low power, engine derated, or engine stops. (This follows the above P0341)

Simple enough Ryan...:confused013:

Reactions: texasborn01

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
:buttkick: yeah man..:thumbsup: thanks again....:S:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So would you recommend replacing the CMP first or and see what happens or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new vp44

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
bite the bullet and do both of them at the same time...

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
I say do the cam sensor first... It rather cheap to do and not to hard.

VP44 is over $1,000 bucks by itself...:doh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts