Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! First time posting but been following since I bought the truck a few weeks back.

I have searched through countless forums trying to find any answers.

I have a 2012 2500 Mega Cab with a 8 inch Top Gunz Customs 4 link I bought it like it is except the person before me decided to put 3 inch spacers on 20x12's with 38s. I bought it and pulled the 38s off and put 35 inch Toyo RTs on and took the spacers off. I bought the truck to pull horse trailers and our fifth wheel but soon found out when getting ready to pull the lift that they cut the factory control arm mounts off.

I am trying to find another solution. I am wanting to go to about 3 inches over stock and I know there are plenty of kits but they all use factory mounts. Since I don't have factory mounts I have been looking at other option and the only thing I have found is
or
Dodge Ram 2500 Long Arm Upgrade Kit - 2003 thru 2013 - Tuff Country #30942 | SuspensionConnection.com to go with long arms at a lower height. I am not trying to spend a fortune just want the truck lower so I can install the B&W hitch and the 5th wheel companion.

Does anyone have any solutions other than this or reviews on either of these kits. I know I still need a lift kit as this will only address the control arm issue but I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you taken it to a shop that specializes in lifts? They’d probably have an idea or two.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Not to panic. Having the stock control arm brackets cut off is not a bad thing because it allows you to go to a long arm setup, which is superior in every way. Several manufacturers like Carli offer bolt on long arm kits. The FFS kit is decent as well. Stay away from Tuff Country as it's pretty much junk.

If you're dead set on going back to a stock configuration, a fabricator can weld on new control arm mounts. Pre-made brackets can be purchased at places like Barnes 4WD, RuffStuff Specialties, etc. New short control arms can be purchased from numerous manufacturers.

·
Registered
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie G56 CCSB
20 Posts
Since someone did away with your stock mounts. U need to find a better 3 inch system long arm kit. Thurnfab or Carli have some options that add a ton of resale value. They are worth the money for sure. If u really want to be cheap i wouldn't go any cheaper the Synergy kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts