Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently completed a buildup on a 1994 GMC with a 97 cummins 12 valve. it has a Fass HPFP fuel pump runnin no plate and boost is 35psi at 1500rpm but it wont rev past that without a load it will go to 1800rpm someone once told me the p pump needs to be rebuild does anyone has a clue why it wont rev to 2600 ?

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
Is there something hitting the throttle linkage? With a custom install like that, it might be contacting something.

What did the engine come out of? If it is out of some type of Med. duty truck or equipment, the Gov. would be set up around those RPMs.

If not, just get a 4k GSK and that will fuel you easly to 3800!!!

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
What are you using for a tach? maybe its the tach thats f'd...?

Other than that, the only thing i can see being an issue is that someone was dinking around with that pump or the pump is not the original or their has been some type of failure on the governer.

One thing to double check is that the kill solenoid is pulling up all the way, if the lever is only partially pulled the engine may start but can cause it to run funky

·
Registered
256 Posts
What I am hung up on, is the 35 psi at 1500... sounds to me more like the tach is screwy.... Now, it would probably start defueling stock, around 2250...if it was tired(I was happy to hit that with my stick gov springs).....

Chase

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
What I am hung up on, is the 35 psi at 1500... sounds to me more like the tach is screwy.... Now, it would probably start defueling stock, around 2250...if it was tired(I was happy to hit that with my stick gov springs).....

Chase
I can bury my boost gauge at or before 1500, nothing too out of the ordinary there....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts