Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an Air Dog FP-100 installed about a month ago, but I think it was too late. I keep getting codes 1688 and 1689, and it doesn't like to run much over idle if I shut it off when it's hot and come back and try to start it before it has sat for less than a couple hours (after that, it seems okay again). I'm thinking the PCM is on it's way out. Unless anyone has any other suggestions for me to try, what is the best place to get a good remanufactured VP44? I'd like to have a new PCM and all of the latest updates, but not sure if Blue Chip is worth the extra $600 over some of the other places that appear reputable? Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
287 Posts
try pensicola diesel . com i think they have reman vp's for under a grand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, that's weird, they must be a sponsor of this site? I typed "www.thoroughbreddiesel.com".

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Id call gus at Farmboys Diesel. He has never led me wrong and he is always there to help u out!

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I just called and got their machine and left a message.

·
Registered
735 Posts
if it doesnt like to start when its warm.. i had a similar problem with my fass lift pump. the pump would run too long before start up and give too much fuel pressure, now it runs half as long prior to start up and starts great everytime. i never had any codes though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts