Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know what it is or how i can fix it but its really getting annoying it only happens when i decelerate and turn slightly to the right it shakes so bad my hole front end shakes could slightly bald tires cause this or is it a link or a bad somethin i really need to get this fixed and i dont want to take it to a mechanic whos gonna charge me out the @ss any help is much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
i dont know what it is or how i can fix it but its really getting annoying it only happens when i decelerate and turn slightly to the right it shakes so bad my hole front end shakes could slightly bald tires cause this or is it a link or a bad somethin i really need to get this fixed and i dont want to take it to a mechanic whos gonna charge me out the @ss any help is much appreciated thanks
It sounds like you have a loose trackbar joint or tie rods. could be a worn out steering stabilizer as well. have someone turn the wheel while you are looking at the steering components(each joint) and look for excess play in each.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with a loose track bar can i tighten it and get away with that or would i have to get a new one same with tie rods, and thank you very much ill check them tomorow

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please help

Before doing anything else, be sure your front tires don't have a belt separation or slip, and be sure your lug nuts are tight.

·
Banned
75 Posts
as stated before, make sure all lug nuts are snug. sounds like a steering stabilizer is at fault to me.:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I had a '99 and it did the same. I changed the sterring stabilizer and most of the shaking went away.

·
Registered
123 Posts
you might also check the ball joints as well, i had a death wobble, did ball joints and tie rod and it went away.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
with a loose track bar can i tighten it and get away with that or would i have to get a new one same with tie rods, and thank you very much ill check them tomorow
there is really nothing to be replaced on it. Usually its the ball joint that wear out on it. I just replaced my track bar and all of the tie rods on mine. If you are going to replace use MOOG. Its about the best out there for stock replacement parts. they are cheaper then dodge parts and they use bigger ball joints. the track bar is a thicker bar also.

You might have a bad ball joint in the axle or bad u-joint. something to check.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks guys i found out what it was i was totally lookin in the wrong place it was my tire like walter buller said a band or somethin on the inside tore or broke and bubbled out so it was like driving on a sqare tire

·
Registered
593 Posts
track bar, tie rod ends, out of round/balance tires and steering stabilizers all culprits

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine was the trackbar too. very scary! I put a DT profab retro kit on mine. Real nice setup and a lot stronger than stock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts