Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2009 Ram 2500. It has about 230k on it. the EGR is deleted, Grid heater Delete and the electronic throttle plate thing has been deleted. also it has an H&S mini maxx.

Ran great for first several days of having it. 6/2 i pulled a dump trailer all day hauling gravel. the truck did great all day then that evening a check engine light came on. Using the mini maxx i got the codes : P1193 Inlet Air Temp. Circuit High and P2229 Barometric Pressure Circuit High. i continued on down the road and a second light came on the dash. its the lightening bolt one and got a 3rd code P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/ Performance. When that light kicks on it seems to bog the engine down maybe a limp mode? Really can only tell when going up a hill.

From reading past posts I am unable to pinpoint fixes. I have checked the wires and connections i have even cleaned the sensors I believe may be involved. I am supposed to leave out of town the evening of 6/5 pulling my camper. If anyone has input please let me know ASAP. I have ordered a new MAP sensor for intake horn as well as a turbo speed sensor and the exhaust back pressure/Barometric Pressure sensor. All sensors should be here in the morning.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Sound like your on the right track.. One thing that i would try is after you replaced all your sensors and double check the wiring's as well, is to reload your stock tune clear the codes and reload whatever you were running to begin with. Good luck and have a safe travels...

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Shorting sensor or wiring short.
This probable won't help since it's the 6th but you can go to carbonitecummins.com and download the service manual for help with the wiring checks and sensor tests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts