Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!!!!! I’ve exhausted my options. I’ve tried redoing all the grounds and terminals making sure I’ve got good connection to batteries and to ecm/pcm. Made sure tipm was clean and all plugged in. Truck was just running perfect 3 days ago. Go to start it, i got red flashing light beside Speedo and “check gauges light & trans temp light on.... someone please help, is the tipm toast?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Did you check your batteries? Disconnect them completely and load test them. When these trucks need batteries they do some weird stuff. When you say it won’t start, what do you mean exactly. Does it crank fine? Does it crank slow and stop? Does it throw smoke while cranking? Does it even act like it wants to fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check your batteries? Disconnect them completely and load test them. When these trucks need batteries they do some weird stuff. When you say it won’t start, what do you mean exactly. Does it crank fine? Does it crank slow and stop? Does it throw smoke while cranking? Does it even act like it wants to fire?

Yeah I’ve had them load tested and mech said they’re fine. After redoing all the battery terminals and grounds because they were cracked and filthy the truck sounds like it wants to start but i don’t think it’s getting fuel because i don’t hear the fuel pump or injection pump ticking anymore like it used to before you would start it. & i think the red flashing security light is stopping it from starting. IM LOST

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah I’ve had them load tested and mech said they’re fine. After redoing all the battery terminals and grounds because they were cracked and filthy the truck sounds like it wants to start but i don’t think it’s getting fuel because i don’t hear the fuel pump or injection pump ticking anymore like it used to before you would start it. & i think the red flashing security light is stopping it from starting. IM LOST
Okay. Well need to make sure you are getting power for the fuel pump to work. Check fuses, wires etc. could have a sending unit gone bad.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I’ve heard of a bad fan clutch causing a p2509 code and also kept the truck from starting. Easy and quick test unplug the fan and see if anything changes . If it starts then you found the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
If you haven't checked the plug at the bottom of the TIPM, it won't hurt to check. That's what my problem was.

Reactions: rghavana and tryNto

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had to drop some gasoline in the airbox to start mine up and turned out I didnt have enough fuel psi to start it. Ran fine once I got it started but will not start unless I gased it. No toaster hooked up. Also fuel enjectors were passing way to much fuel past as well. Before I got to the shop with it I lost #6 piston due to over fuel in that cylender. Had engine replaced. $3500.00 bucks for 148000 mile engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts