Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WILL SOMEONE(BOB..MARCO)PLEASE CONFIRM WHEATHER OR NOT WE WILL NEED THE SIMS FOR OUR SMARTY TO BE CODE FREE..THANKS AND ONCE AGAIN SORRY IF I MISSED IT:confused013::confused013:

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
Strange, This thread was just started yesterday!

I am not Bob or Marco but Yes you need them, at this very moment in time you will need them, This is one of those things that Bob will not tell you until the Smarty is release, But it could be that is why it is not out, maybe he is that close to writing that out of the ECU.

·
Diesel Jedi
246 Posts
I am beta testing the s67 and it is necessary at this time to have the sims.

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys..its just that it would be nice to have everything we need to make the Smarty work code free when we receive it..not have to worry about ordering something else..so i guess ill either have to spend the money or wait untile Smarty hits the streets and see..thanks again..dead issue far as im concerned..THE SMARTY S67 NEEDS SIMS TO BE CODE FREE.:S:.:S:.:S:

·
Registered
123 Posts
It makes me wonder why they're being secretive about it until launch though. If it really needed sims as everyone expects, you think they'd come out and say it because that's no different than the competition. Maybe Marco's got something awesome up his sleeve for the official launch programming.

That still is not a conformation though. Marco told us 6 weeks ago that the sims are required but Bob has since told Kev that may or may not be the case for the release version.

Bob needs to chime in and confirm one way or another before they start shipping so people can be prepared and not spend money that is not necessary.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Didn't post this same thread yesterday roo? Yes it needs sims!

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
It makes me wonder why they're being secretive about it until launch though. If it really needed sims as everyone expects, you think they'd come out and say it because that's no different than the competition. Maybe Marco's got something awesome up his sleeve for the official launch programming.
I think that is the delay in shipping now

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't post this same thread yesterday roo? Yes it needs sims!
Yea..it was a mistake and i didn't know how to recall it so i just went with it..SORRY.:confused013:

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Dang dude, the sims aren't that big a deal really. Go to radio shack and buy a pack of resistors for 99 cents and cut plugs off the egt probe wires on the wiring harness and splice one resistor on each of the two wire plugs you cut off... Done!!! Thats it dude... You can use crimp on butt splices to connect these also... Take five minutes

Your making way to big a deal of the sims dude... If you can put the dpf system on, or even install something like the Smarty, Edge or Bully Dog stuff, you can do the sims also... 99 cent package from Radio Shack has 5 resistors, so you will have two extra LOL...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Just a little more patience. MADS is not going to leave everyone hanging. ie; "We are ready to ship these new S67 out, but you need to hurry and get sims." not going to happen.

MNMLOD, I sent you a PM.

R

·
0 Posts
One beta says yes.

One beta says no.

The spaces are for reading between the lines.:hehe::hehe:
I've already decided to have another set of sims on hand just in case. Won't be the stupidest thing I've ever bought:hehe: Plus I think a set in the trucks glove box might not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Just a little more patience. MADS is not going to leave everyone hanging. ie; "We are ready to ship these new S67 out, but you need to hurry and get sims." not going to happen.

MNMLOD, I sent you a PM.
I like this post, this is pretty much my last question about the Smarty.

Smarty it is:thumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
THE SMARTY S67 NEEDS SIMS TO BE CODE FREE.
UH OH, you know how to "read between the lines"?

No, not correct.

I'm working on the complete describtion of the S67's features. By tomorrow it should be all said and done.

Marco

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts

No, not correct.

I'm working on the complete describtion of the S67's features. By tomorrow it should be all said and done.

Marco
Cool, this should calm some people down for a few minutes!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Great news Marco, thanks!

The S67 is gonna be awesome

Can't wait to see the list tomorrow

·
Premium Member
258 Posts

No, not correct.

Marco
:party018::party018:

Wow could it really be that close???? The man himself......:shock:

·
Registered
89 Posts
:party018::party018:

Wow could it really be that close???? The man himself......:shock:
That's what I was thinking! I remember when I was waiting
for my TST box for my 2004. Took maybe 2 years or so!! Never tried a smarty,guess I'll just troll along and see what happens.:party018:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll tell you what, if this thing doesn't need sims and doesn't have problems I'll look no further!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts