Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my truck gel up a few weeks ago, truck hasn't really run right since then. Had injector #3 replaced a week ago, picked up the truck. Took it back and injector #3 seems to be bad again. Is it possible to have a bad injector from Bosch? Or is there anything else going on...

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
I had my truck gel up a few weeks ago, truck hasn't really run right since then. Had injector #3 replaced a week ago, picked up the truck. Took it back and injector #3 seems to be bad again. Is it possible to have a bad injector from Bosch? Or is there anything else going on...
So when you picked the truck up did it run right before it failed again?

·
4,678 Posts
It is POSSIBLE, but unlikely that the new inj. is also bad. Are you sure they changed it and didnt just try to run some inj. cleaner through it ? I could see some shady dealer doing this...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe they would just run cleaner thru it cause I ordered the injector myself and had it sent to the shop. I should have paid closer attention when I picked the truck up...it was cold and dark and just wanted to get home. Guess I took the mechanics word for it.

The mechanic who looked at it was out sick today so I went to a different shop, hooked it up to the scanner and same #3 cylinder.

It just seems extermely odd that it is #3 again. Filter was changed, have driven at least 300 miles since the gel up. I'm going to order another injector and give it another shot. Wish me luck.

·
4,678 Posts
OK, you bought it yourself. Make sure the tube nuts were/are torqued correctly. The copper washer on the inj. has also been known to get doubled up and cause problems too. Make sure the injector was REALLY installed, it would suck if you found out that they just put the old one in by ? mistake ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts