Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I have an issue I go to the dealer and of course I have to grab my ankles.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the DFW area that can work on these.

I was driving down the road and the peddle just went dead, engine went to idle I managed to drift off into an old gas station and it just idled, i punched the peddle full throttle over and over it just sat there and idled.

Check engine line came on punched it and it lurched forward, figured I'd save myself the tow at that point and drove it to the dealer.

Took them a couple days to locate the issue, "ACC sensor?" 724.00 bucks

Its killin me, they charged me almost a grand to change my water pump, like 800 to change my lift pump, now 724 for a dag gone sensor!

They were gonna charge me to change the thermostat I was like no thanks I got it.

On top of all this they try to upsell me, jesus man there is no blood left and they are buggin about stuff, 200 bucks to change my diff cover gasket and "service it" I was like what do you mean service it, well we service the stuff thats inside there.

man I work for a living.

04 141,000 miles

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I would like to know also!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
5E diesel in cleburne

·
Registered
83 Posts
Map sensor is on the driver's side corner above the lift pump.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ive been sitting here trying to figure out what "acc"stands for. anyone know? sounds to me like it had something to do with the throttle position, or one of the timing sensors...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts