Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a cool idea for a shift knob let me know what u guys think. i think its quite funny looking but i like it :rof:rof my buddy fabbed this up for me.

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
Sweeeeeet!!!

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
I had a realy crapy crome piston for a shift knob, kinda got annoying but it did look cool. And something like that would be even cooler!

·
Banned
193 Posts
Looks pretty cool! - I'm working on an antique solid brass doorknob for mine, but Iv'e torqued
on my stock knob without it budging. Do you guys have any suggestions to get it to loosen -short of busting it off?

·
Banned
193 Posts
Thanks! Rollin Smoke Diesel
Boy, thats so simple I must have
:butt: 'itis

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
What kind of piston is it?

I got a "spare" 5.9 piston in my tool box... It'd be kind of large, though...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm ready for the Hurst T shifter... I put on a chrome one but it just doesn't have that feel I'm after, it can't just look good.....
Are your hands getting raw from the corners on that shifter yet?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i've got a hurst t with the crome wirewheeled off, i like it alot.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it doesnt hurt my hand at all actually and i can wrap my fingers under it and grip it pretty good when i need to it really isnt to bad. it gets peoples attention when they see it i think its pretty cool. its out of a very small 4 cyl (prob like a 1 liter) honda motor and its prob about two inches across. the only downfall is it says honda on it haha.ive been looking for a good one for a while and i finally found one. i work for a landscape company so we get blown motors and stuff all the time in for repairs. but most of them are pretty small, like the ones out of weedwhackers, chainsaws and backpack blowers.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
thats pretty sweet...

you could machine cummins into it and some how get rid of honda
:lol3:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
A buddy of mine in highschool had a piston out of a dirtbike, for a shift knob in his old chevy. I think it was a 80cc. It was just about perfect size. Looked cool.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had one, in my s 10 the piston was out of a banshee. it was cool for a bit and people liked it, but i like the t handles better.:peelout

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Clean Your Truck!!! :gun2:
Will you be nice... geeze man most of us good ole boys live in our trucks!!! :lol3:
If you ever said that to me in person instead of by using the anonymity of the internet there'd be a throwdown real quick..... :gun2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts