Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a piston pump (high pressure) that I pulled of a motor I recently bought and would like to use it on my truck. Is the spacer that came on the later 12V the same as I need to do this conversion? If so, all I need is a bypass regulator and a fuel line which isn't an issue. Am I correct? :confused013: Anybody recommend a good regulator to get me from 30 down to 15psi?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Zak, that spacer plate should work just fine. :)

The bypass regulator I'm running is from Aeromotive ~ Aeromotive Inc. - High-Performance Fuel Systems & Fuel Pumps
It's a bit pricey but I chose it as it has a comparatively large valve ball that I think may help reduce wear associated with the pulsing of the piston pump. Further, it is rated for diesel.
Running the adjustment screw all the way in comes up with just shy of 20 psig.

Perhaps others with a more economical route will chime in. ;)

I have a piston pump (high pressure) that I pulled of a motor I recently bought and would like to use it on my truck. Is the spacer that came on the later 12V the same as I need to do this conversion? If so, all I need is a bypass regulator and a fuel line which isn't an issue. Am I correct? :confused013: Anybody recommend a good regulator to get me from 30 down to 15psi?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts