Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get some of your opinions on disabling my fuel return? i have an 01 and every time i turn my truck off and go to restart it, it wont build fuel pressure very fast. therefore i think its has something to do with the return line. what do u think?

· Premium Member
1,943 Posts
:agree2: my brother had the same problem and he had an air leak just after it left the tank and the pump was startin to get weak also :thumbsup

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Yeah, and if you close your return line, any air getting in won't have any way to get out through the low pressure system, so you will hit MAJOR dead spots whenever the air heads for the injectors. And if you run out of fuel, it will be time to get out the wrenches, not just the jumper cables and/or car keys. It's just not a good idea to do.

· Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx guys appriciate your input. and just shortly after i posted that question my pump quit. sooo......that kinda gave the problem away. thnx again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.