Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck came with some pin stripes and I am going to take them off. I have a 3m eraser wheel, is this the best route to go? Any help would be appreciated. I have to get them off!!!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
yep....the best way to go....just watch your rpms so you don't burn through the clearcoat into the paint....they work great

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
You have the best, just be careful not to use the edge, try to work it flat on the decal.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i removed mine last week with one of those and its easier to just run the wheel on the end of the stripe.. just kinda bump it... just enough to roll the edge of it so you can grab it and then just pull it off slowly.. just keep your pulling hand close to where it is coming off of the truck so the stripe dont tear.. this way you dont have to worry about burning the paint nor do you have to worry about the glue staying on your truck

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, thanks guys. Worked like a charm. Got em pulled off and the truck looks so much better!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pin Stripe Removal

During the 25 years that I spent running an automotive trim business, applying and removing stripes of all descriptions every day, I never once used the 3M wheel that you describe here. I found them to be too slow, as well as impractical for larger decals, and often unnecessary. If the stripe has not been on but for a few months to a couple of years, it will usually peel off on a hot day, or use a heat gun on the lower setting to release the glue on colder days. If the glue does not come up with the vinyl, use 3M Adhesive remover to wipe it off. Remember to pull the old stripe off slowly and at as sharp an angle as possible in order to minimize the likelihood of the stripe pulling paint or clear coat off with it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
ya thats how i have always removed pin stripes, or any vinyl decal i don't want. park it in the sun or a heat gun

·
Registered
170 Posts
adhesive remove works better than all of the above. no offense guys but using a pinwheel is just stupid when all you have to do is spray and wipe.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
I took a razor and got under neath the pinstripe and went with it. Then i take goo gone and wipe off all the glue residue. I still need to do the bed and tail gate :( haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts