Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, guys tonight I had to go drop some hydrolic hoses for the company and let em tell u -35 and NO HEAT! I swear it was just enough to keep me from fogigng my windows! Now My feet are still COLD! and its really stupid.

I have a piece of cardboard that fits perfectly between the rads.. my temp is about 1/4 lower from the middle of the gauge...

I got a leather winterfront that got gave to me tonight asweel that I will put on.. Will it help to add that front also?

Im really gonna order a thermostat should I go for the 190* that cummins has? if yes well is it HARD to instal and I am pretty shure its that because ym truck has 300k km and hasnt been replace YET according to work orders of the truck..

TY all!

I just hate my truck for the NO HEAT! other then that its :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
yes the leather will help and the thermostat is a simple 10min job and can make a big difference

·
Registered
926 Posts
If your a/c doesn't work set your control on Max a/c and watch how warm it gets. This will fog up the windows eventually so you may have to cycle it occasionally to clear the windows. Or, open the glove box, and pull it side to side so it pops open all the way and flips down so you can reach behind it. Now start the truck and watch behind the glovebox as you change it to Max a/c and to any other setting. See that door that opens when you set it to Max a/c? You wanna prop that door open about halfway all the time with something. It will allow air from inside the truck to recirculate through your heater. Right now, your trying to constantly heat the outside air up, and heating -35 degree air up is WAY harder than preheating g the air inside the truck a few times. You should be sweating in a short time with it propped open or on Max a/c. Found this trick in a few threads on here.

I replaced my thermostat with a Cummins brand Therm, expect to pay around 65-70 bucks unless you wanna get a regular parts store one for around 10-15. Supposedly the Cummins one directs coolant to the heater core a little better, and is of overall higher quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts