Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please post op pics from your bypass installs i ordered mine from chuck yesterday and am looking for some ideas before it gets here.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Not a 6.7, but this location wouldn't matter... its on the frame under the pass feet.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
I dont have pictures, but mine is installed on the passenger side, behind the front bumper in the fenderwell. It tucks up in there and you cant even tell its there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you have to drill and tap into the side of the oil pan for the return?

·
Registered
179 Posts
what is the purpose of this I'm sure I could find out by reading up on it but that takes time and am curious at the moment

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Did you have to drill and tap into the side of the oil pan for the return?
The oil cap in the photos I show is the easiest way to return the oil.

what is the purpose of this I'm sure I could find out by reading up on it but that takes time and am curious at the moment
Cleaner oil, resulting in longer lasting oil and engine components. The amsoil kit, pictured, filters absolute at 2 microns, most wear causing particles start at 5 microns. Also the bypass helps reduce soot loading, which again leads to longer oil life, and better engine wear, resulting in a lower cost of operating.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here is an FS2500 setup. It comes under alot of fire from Amsoil guys but it works good for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks for the thread Jonathan. Just purchased mine as well and any help in placement install would be appreciated. Thanks for the pics ah and tip for placement cowboy.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
search for bypass install and you will see several different locations. then pick the one that suits you the best.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Here is an FS2500 setup. It comes under alot of fire from Amsoil guys but it works good for me.
It is a good filter setup and will do an excellent job, just more money for less filtration than the amsoil.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the input guys:thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts