Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres what i did today, cept the intake, i did that a few weeks ago. The traction bars i made during the week, we installed them today, and I did the exhaust because the side pipe wouldnt fit anymore.

stock, the day i bought her

stack

traction bars

intake

·
Cummins Fanatic
875 Posts
That must be the LHAF instead of the BHAF! Nice truck

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That must be the LHAF instead of the BHAF! Nice truck
thanks man

according to k&n that filter flows more than a piece of 4" pipe, which is the size of the inlet of the turbo, so i figured its plenty good :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Looks like a first class fabrication job on the bars. I am a bit concerned about thier length but then again, I do not know the thickness of the pipe that you used.

Neat install on the stack too!

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theyre 1.5" sched 40 tapered down to fit 1" sched 40. 58" long

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Should work just fine. do you have enough adjustment on the Hyme joints in case you want to lift it?

·
Cummins Fanatic
875 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Should work just fine. do you have enough adjustment on the Hyme joints in case you want to lift it?
maybe its just me but i dont understand why you'd lift a 2wd truck

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
The joints I was referring to are those at each end of the bars. As the truck goes up the geometry changes.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I just checked all my susp. sites and none of them carry a lifts for the 2wd 2nd gens. but i dont think it wouldd be all that difficult to do the hyme joint if necessary

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not going to lift it, if anything, lower the rear to level it. as far as the joints, i have about 1/2" shorter i can go on each end.

btw if anyone is intrested PM me, if any of you guys want i can make some sets of traction bars or heat shields for cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts