Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just got a 99 2500 with the 24v and a 5 speed behind it. i was wondering what fass system i should get if i was to start getting chips and air intake and everything. i want to get the fass first cuz i have read that it will help with power all around and smoke a little more. so thats y im looking into getting it first. im looking at the banks powerpack system. so what do ya'll think???

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
hi, i just got a 99 2500 with the 24v and a 5 speed behind it. i was wondering what fass system i should get if i was to start getting chips and air intake and everything. i want to get the fass first cuz i have read that it will help with power all around and smoke a little more. so thats y im looking into getting it first. im looking at the banks powerpack system. so what do ya'll think???
Skip the Banks stuff. There's more power out there for less money.

FASS makes a few pumps. They have the full systems that have filters and the HPFP which has no filters and goes through your stock filter. Both work equally as well and if you are going over 500HP, just get 150GPH unit.

The FASS will not make more smoke. It's sole purpose in life is to supply your injection pump with a good clean fuel supply.

Power mods can range from mild to wild, with a combination of boxes and injectors being the most popular. No added power should be added without some type of gauges. I prefer the analog pillar mounted type, but some boxes have the ability to display this critical info as well.

You will also need supporting mods of intake, exhaust and upgraded turbo(s). Don't forget trans and or clutch mods as well.

Do lots of research and spend the money once.

Dave

·
Banned
560 Posts
Fass 150/150

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so will the PureFlow Technologies Raptor RP-150 Fuel Pump (150 GPH) be a good canidate or should i get the 100 gph
if i was to put cold air on and an edge chip?? what is the best chips and cold air and exhaust for my truck by personal opinion??? thanx for helping me out guys.

·
Banned
560 Posts
For the price difference I would get the Raptor 150 which includes a new draw straw.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
yeah the raptor should do ya just fine, unless you want the added filtration of the whole airdog. for programmer/ box. it really depends on where you want to go with the truck. you want big big power, or just a nice safe bump up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The raptor will be fine for what ever you throw at the truck as far as mods. Some people will tell you to get the system with the filters but IMO I dont think that they are need. As far as the chip it is what ever you have the cash for, I would go for the quad adrinline and a AFE proguard 7 stage two cold air box. If you dont have the cash for the AFE I seen alot of people going for the S&B intake systems. Good luck with what ever you decide to go with. :thumbsup:

K

·
0 Posts
i think the filter are need cleaner fuel is better tell someone with a common rail they dont need the filters any small spec of dirt in the fuel can ruin the injectors i would get the AD150

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
i think the filter are need cleaner fuel is better tell someone with a common rail they dont need the filters any small spec of dirt in the fuel can ruin the injectors i would get the AD150
Since this not a common rail, it's a non issue.

And the factory filter can filter as good nearly as the aftermarket filters. The real issue for 3rd gens is water. And plenty of it gats past the aftermarket filters.

Dave

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Boostnu074 do like I did when I got my truck, start reading the threads on this forum. And read alot of them. You will pick up SO much info on what works, what doesn't and so on. As far as fuel pump goes I'm running a Holley blue, which is a band-aid fix, but I'm going to get an Airdog 150. Better price and lifetime warranty are hard to beat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright thanx everyone for putting in their word for me:yourock:. i got alot of thinking to do it sounds like. ill keep reading all the threads about the 2nd gen. 24v and ,like it has already use it, to help me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts