Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im young and stupid and want some opinions from you all that know way more than me what do you think of the two turbos in the links below??? all i know about the garrett is that it came off a volvo semi and the seller told me it might go on my truck he has no clue and i also have no clue lol. Also is a hx52 holset turbo. Does anyone have info if i bought one or the other, if i could put it on my 02 dodge????

eBay Motors: Garrett Turbo TurboCharger A/R 66 Dodge Cummins Chevy (item 320354030160 end time Mar-29-09 18:44:09 PDT)

eBay Motors: NEW Holset HX52 Turbo Turbocharger Dodge Supra Honda VW (item 200323432027 end time Mar-29-09 19:05:36 PDT)

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
bump

x2

·
Registered
388 Posts
i know a guy thats using a hx35 and a hx50 for a homemade twin setup so i think for a single the hx is too big. you got stock injectors?

2,402 Posts
the garret would work better then the holset. The holset is much to big for a single turbo unless ur just using it for high performance pulling or drag racing, would have way to much lag for daily driving. you should ask the buy selling the garret if it has a t3 or t4 flange on it, cause your truck has the t3.

You may also need to get some bigger injectors to help spool the turbo, along with a lift pump to keep safe. Im no expert, but thats just what im thinking. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know a guy thats using a hx35 and a hx50 for a homemade twin setup so i think for a single the hx is too big. you got stock injectors?
i was thinkin of doin a twin setup actually and yea i realize i would definitely need some injectors to cancel that lag

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the garret would work better then the holset. The holset is much to big for a single turbo unless ur just using it for high performance pulling or drag racing, would have way to much lag for daily driving. you should ask the buy selling the garret if it has a t3 or t4 flange on it, cause your truck has the t3.

You may also need to get some bigger injectors to help spool the turbo, along with a lift pump to keep safe. Im no expert, but thats just what im thinking. Hope it helps.
so T3 is what im lookin for sweet ill ask him and i was thinkin maybe a twin setup but if the garrett has a t3 flange then i might go with a single and yea new injectors will come comin but my AD will be on before any of it this summer thanks for the input guys :headbang:

·
Banned
560 Posts
Get a Phat Shaft 62/14 or Super Phat Shaft 62/14

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
none of those will work as a single for you. you could use the hx52 in a compound setup though.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i think im going to pass on them for now until i get an air dog n some injectors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts