Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive probably been through every thread on this forum for the past week, lol

I'll be doing a thuren 3" lift here someday on my 3rd gen and trying to decide on a wheel/tire size combo.

I was looking at 35x12.50 on a 17x9 wheel with a -12mm offset (4.5" backspacing).

Are there any pics out there of a similar setup? Any rubbing issues?

If I missed a thread that is similar to this I apologize, just link to it and I'll have a looksie.

Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
A 4.5" backspacing is too much for the 3" lift. It will rub pretty bad. You should look for more like a 5.5 or more. I have a Carli 3" with a 5.71" and it works perfect. Don't get into a combo you hate cause it rubs like a som btch.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
3" coil spacers, TGC control arms, 17x9 w/ 4.5 bs on 35x12.50/17

With the factory arms it rubbed at full lock, but after replacing the control arms and recentering the axle it's good to go! :thumbsup: Hope these help ya

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
A 4.5" backspacing is too much for the 3" lift. It will rub pretty bad. Don't get into a combo you hate cause it rubs like a som btch.
Aslong as his Thuren kit comes with new arms or He purchases a set he will be fine. And truly everybody should replace the arms so you can get a proper alignment :thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
It also depends on what tire you run. A lot of 35 A/T tires are actually smaller than 35" A Toyo M/T is a true 35.2" and he will have issues. Yes with control arms and trimming you can minimize this but that wasn't what he asked.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
He also hasn't picked a tire yet. But since you "know" more than I, I'll shut up. Just trying to help a guy out and show him it can be done....3" lift, 35x12.50's, & a 17x9 with 4.5" of backspacing...pretty sure that's what I'm running. :doh: and what he asked to see

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have new control arms. Ill have dons whole frontend shebang. The tires im looking at actually measure 35 or 34.8 and almost 13" wide. I thought the 4.5 backspacing and -12mm offset would stick out alot further than those pics.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
809 Posts
18x9, 5inch back spacing. 325/65s (35x13).

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yessir 2inch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.