Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the diesel community and was wondering how you all feel on this mild build I was thinking of doing on my 2002 Dodge. I am sorry if this is not the place to post this I am new just excited to share my thoughts.

Here's what I was thinking:

Fox 2.0 shocks
Fass Fuel 165G
Set of 70 hp injectors
Quadzilla andreline tuner
Arp headstuds
Hx40 turbo
Straight pipe* (currently has mibr straightpipe just letting y'all know)
Gauges* (currently has egts, fuel psi, and boost gauges previously installed by other owner)

That would be my mild build. I would like to just put a set of 70 hp injectors and a fass fuel 165G in it and call it done. I don't want to blow a lot of smoke or anything maybe just a little? My fuel psi runs 6-8 when driving and idle at 9 psi. We just changed fuel filters on an aftermarket intake fuel system that is bolted on the frame that isn't airdog or fass. I was wondering if fass could fix my issue and let it run higher at 16-18 psi. I know its bad for them to run lower than 16 psi (I believe). I was wondering on other people's opinions on this, too. I'm not looking to spend a lot just want to it blow a little smoke but don't want to let one side of the engine run more than the other if you understand what I mean. I am saying like I don't want to just get injectors I would like to get a whole build if that makes sense.

Lastly, would a set of 70 horse injectors and a fass fuel system be ok with a stock VP truck? My truck has had its VP replaced about 4 years ago. It runs fine no lopes or anything. I don't want to get injectors and mess up the VP44. I'm not very experienced but willing to learn because it interests me.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I have no idea about your build/ questions. But this is the 94-98 section (12 valve P-Pump trucks). You might get better luck if you posted this the 24 valve section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts