Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, I'm looking for some adivice on some upgrades. Here are the upgrades i'm thinking of doing, banks high power high-ram intake manifold, banks inter cooler system, banks power ram intake system w/super scoop, MBRP 4" T 409 stainless steel dual exhaust turbo back, south bend clutch ( haven't talked to them yet to find out what clutch will work best for me), Top gun customz pro3 long arm night hawk black ops edition, xd766 diesel 18"x9" wheels w/ 37"x13.50 nitto mud grappler tires. i'm not sure which way to go with the programmer, i have been kicking around the banks iq 6 gun or the edge juice w/ attitude cts. Any advice that would help me before i learn the hard way that my choices aren't the best choices . Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Your intake and intercooler are fine and you already have 4 inch exhaust so unless you just want to be able to say you have all that fancy crap I would leave them alone. Get a smarty programmer and a good clutch (look into valair clutches too) and you will have more power than you can handle for a while anyway.

Reactions: billdozer

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
Stating what you want to do with the truck and how you are going to drive it will get you much more targeted advice. I am not a big believer in all the products you are looking at and would be in a better position to confirm that if you told us the goals you are trying to attain.

Smarty is the absolute best in the industry if you do not want to spend time on a dyno custom tuning your truck.... Keep in mind EFI live is a tool to flash an ECU and is loaded by software designed by them... the tuning you get or design yourself is no guarantee you will have a good running truck.

I look forward to the day EFI Live has the same exposure and depth of quality tuning that it currently has with the GM folks....

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Sloooooooowwwwwww down, read lots. Figure out what you want to do with the truck, it has been done before. Use the search feature. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts