Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone. I picked up my truck saturday and am having a good time playing. I have an appointment tomorrow to have the fuel pump pressures checked while at the shop I might also do a dyno run while it is still bone stock just for a good base line. If all goes well from that then my next step is a performance package to see if I can improve my milage. I am currently getting 18.07 mpg which I am happy with but maybe a little performance help might even help the mpg. Here is what I have found from usdieselparts.com which is a local diesel shop that I would like to support.

• Edge Juice w/ Attitude Monitor

• S&B Cold Air Intake System

• MagnaFlow 4" SS Exhaust System
(5" Stainless Steel tip is also included)

$1320 so is it worth it or would I be better off putting my own package together. What would work better?

· Registered
141 Posts
i think you could probably do this alot cheaper. just checking farm boys diesel, which is a well known supporter of CF even with new parts. 4" straight pipe exhaust is $280 edge with attitude is $719 and get a bhaf for lets say $60 you'll be in it for just over $1000.00 with all new parts.cheaper if you find a used programmer and you'll need a good lift pump to supply that edge and probably a clutch to hold the new found power.

1. Edge (1st because it has the gauges)$719
2.lift pump(because you'll drain the gauge with the edge)$400 for a raptor
3.exhaust(lower egts and hear the power)$280
4.bhaf and remover silencer(hear that turbo whistle and lower egts)$60
5.clutch(because a stocker won't last long) you'll have to ask a manual guy for recommendations

$1460 before a clutch...

good choice on the 6spd, i wish i would have found this site before i bought mine.

· Registered
409 Posts
well if you price it out, it is a deal, I personally would make my own kit, but it all depends on what you plan on doing with the truck in the future. But, that package would also save you some money IMO.

· Registered
193 Posts
i would say go to the request price part of this site and tell them what you want and they will set you up with some pretty smokin deals:thumbsup::thumbsup:

· Registered
23 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't buy that Edge until the upgraded lift pump is installed. Doesn't matter what your stock lift pump pressures are now. It's not enough. You may not want to know. The $50 Wix BHAF (WIX 42790) is more than enough for your truck. Skip the S&B cold air system. A stainless exhaust looks nice, but out in Montana, you don't deal with the Great Lakes acid rain rot and road salt. Go with the aluminized system for $260 from Farm Boys Diesel and buy a stainless tip for shiny. Can't really see more than that anyhow. Determine what you want your truck to do, and buy goodies accordingly.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for your input. I took the truck to the shop to have the fuel pressure tested and of course it needs to be worked on. At idle it runs a solid 12psi but WOT it drops to 4psi. So I ordered a FASS 95 series moderate to extreme. With a 150gph and 17psi it should do everything I need plus some. Should be here in a few days. Now I have to figure out how it goes on as I want to try this on my own. I feel pretty good about replacing it as I have found a lot of information about failing lift pumps and the troubles they cause. Plus this will help in future mods. I would say 75% of my needs for this truck are to haul my enclosed ATV trailer. I put on 3200 miles on my chevy in the last year. So it wont be a high mile use rig. I am looking more for MPG rather then power but do understand it takes power to make mpg.

Hi rumley3060e thanks for the info. The buggers here have been putting some type of salt solution on the roads for the last few years and it turns your rig white. But I do like the sounds of the aluminized system as aluminum dissapates the heat faster. Ok I have seen this BHAF and for the life of me could not figure that one out until just now. I got ya. I did a search and it appears there are some templates out there for a heat shield. Might you know where a person could find a link that actually works? Heck I will make my own. Not a problem there.

Again Thanks guys and gals and keep the suggestions coming as I am a newbie to diesels and appreciate all your help and suggestions.

· Registered
23 Posts
I believe there may be some commercially available heat shields for the filters, just have to search the site. I made my own, out of 1/2" thick lexan. Keeps the heat out and it's bullet proof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.