Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Performance mods for 600hp?

1503 Views 28 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Hollerboy24
Well I finally made an account here since ive been finding answers to most my questions the past few years.

I know there will be at least one of y’all telling me to search for it but its just not there soo here we go yall

Ive put together a fresh build sheet for my 585-615hp goal (with help from many reputable sources) and im hoping im onto something here as i plan to build my truck by the end of next month

Heres the list and please feel free to tell me what you think about it and if there’s something you would change. I do want strong hp and the ability to occasionally tow moderately with defueling on the box. I will be expecting boost lag but i know how to properly tune and operate the skinny pedal on the right to make the most out of the setup safely

ARP 2000 Head studs

SB Street DD Clutch (550-650 organic/ceramic hybrid)
SB ADJ Clutch Assembly
Quadzilla Tuner w I-Quad
Quadzilla fuel pressure sensor
FASS 165 Lift pump
Beans Diesel Sump
Fluidampr
Valve cover Gasket
BD SXE 364.5/80mm .80AR turbo w hx40 downpipe
BANKS High Ram
Short Throw Shifter Kit
Turbo Tuber Boost Controller
ALLOYWORKS Radiator w/ dual fans (old ones busted)
AFE BladeRunner intercooler w piping
Stainless Diesel exhaust manifold
Hamilton 188/200 cam
Hamilton #103 Springs, Extreme duty rods
Hamilton 1.45” tappets
F1 Mach 6 220 hp injectors or Mach 7 240s (looking for input on which would be the best) yes i know they can smoke like a traeger but i honestly dont care as long as egts are in check
Killer dowel pin/ crank- cover seal kit

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the lengthy post
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Vendor
13,011 Posts
You can make 600HP on the 64.5mm and it will spool a bit faster. for 600HP we have a 64.5mm/88m exducer with 73.4mm turbine and a quick spooling 12cm housing. It should perform better than the super B special that was a 64.5mm/ 91mm with the 71mm turbine wheel and 14cm gated housing.

The new 64.5mm SXE will flow more than the old 66mm cast wheel and it is lighter. Its a Win/Win.

If you want more than 600HP then go compunds or be prepared for lag. The 66mm would be good for 650HP and the 69mm 700hp. They both have the 91mm exducer on the compressor wheel.

· Vendor
13,011 Posts
I would do a 64mm turbo SXE turbo.

A 64.5/73.4/14 would be slower spooling. The 14cm would not be as responsive during daily driving nd towing. With a 12cm Peak EGT will be a little higher, and be a little lower EGT (because it ill spool faster) during cruising and towing.

With any set up you have a compromise Quick spool vs peak EGT.... Except with compounds--- where the compromise is $$$.

The 12cm will tow better and spool better @ 600HP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts