Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as I'm new to diesel I have read a few conflicting posts and stories and just word of mouth.

I'm interested in doing basic performance mods to my truck (Edge with attitude CTS, Exhaust, intake and a 4-6" lift.) but I've been told two things: The mods I want to do will increase performance and reliability, except the lift as that may put a little more wear and tear on the front end. The other thing I've been told is to keep it stock and just put gauges in.

So my question to you is what would make the truck the most reliable, aside from standard fluid changes and adding treatment to your fuel? Granted I know the lift is more for looks and clearing possible snow banks.

Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My truck is an 05 SLT 6 speed manual (G-56).

I want to know for my truck as well as others so just maybe I can maybe give others insight

·
4,673 Posts
first thing to understand is, this is a site that deals with alot of guys that have or are going to mod their trucks. So they will most likely tell you to start modding and get every goody or add on there is !

I have had several diesel trucks in the past several years, I can tell you without a doubt that i have had more little ( and big ) things go wrong with these trucks after i started to tinker and mod them..

Of course any truck can have trouble when stock or modified but i know i didnt have hardly any trouble when i just left it stock and worked it like it was made to do.

Now with all these emissions rules and equipment, the MPGs are the biggest reason to start to delete and modify a newer truck, not to mention it keeps alot of junk from being forced back into the motor....

Im about ready to buy a new truck and i think i am gonna try to leave it alone for as long as i can, or until the emissions crap starts to get in the way !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.