Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested in outcomes after mild mods.

If I did a mild turbo and moderate injectors with full deletes and running just a tune to account for the deletes... what happens to highway fuel mileage?? Just with modest core upgrades.

I’m not talking about hell bent 1000hp mods.

·
Registered
350 Posts
For what you seem to be wanting, I don't see the need for bigger injector nozzles or a different turbo. I don't know what you mean by "mild turbo". If you delete your truck and install a mild tune, and tunes can vary, you should get decent highway fuel milage. Probably 18 - 20 mpg running +/- 70 mph empty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn’t indicate what I wanted - so I’m not sure if you were reading another post. And what I did, was was stating a mild turbo. If you weren’t aware turbos and injectors (not just nozzles, not sure where I indicated a nozzle swap) vary greatly in size, performance and purpose. You were correct that tunes vary, so you got that part.

Moderator, please delete this post - people aren’t getting the crux of the question.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Reactions: daltana

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If I did a mild turbo and moderate injectors with full deletes and running just a tune to account for the deletes
This is a completely contradictory statement. If you do a turbo and injectors, you'll need a proper tune for it to run well.

Lets start from the beginning: you want to add fuel and a turbo for more power or because you like spending money. For the sake of our sanity, lets figure you are going for more power. Stock turbo gets you ~500rwhp, so we want more than that. Stock fuel gets you about 600rwhp, so we want more than that also. So we are figuring you want a build for 650+ rwhp. A single turbo that will live at 650+ will be laggier than stock. A laggy setup will not be as fuel efficient.

You can eliminate the lag by going with a properly sized set of compound turbos. Compound turbos like to create windows in stock engine blocks so add billet rods and a girdle into your engine build plan. So much for "modest core upgrades"... unless $20k is considered modest to you

You have to quantify what "mild" "moderate" and "modest" mean to you and what your goal is.

People aren't getting the "crux of the question" because its poorly defined

Reactions: N of 60

·
Registered
684 Posts
No **** eh? Brilliant.
Don't be a TOOL when your the one that is completely incoherent on what your asking. Go back to your social media platform if you want to be a keyboard cowboy. People are actually trying to help here.

Reactions: daltana

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
talk about a social media jockey, you quoted a response to someone who had nothing to add to my question AND you didn't offer any help with your superb comment. at least cacciatore offered some facts, in the meantime i've taken this question to another forum with is more constructive than critical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts