Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my dad have a 06 Megacab with the 5.9L in it right now but Im looking to get my own Cummins. (04-06 2wd QC 2500)So my question is if 450+ hp is too high power expectations for just a Quadzilla race programmer, some sort of CAI(whats the best to get?) and exhaust kit(also, what is the best?) and also how much would all of it run me?

·
I bleed diesel
1,340 Posts
If you want to make the most power for your money, look at getting an 04.5 to 07 5.9. The 03 and 04 are capable of making the power it just takes a little more effort to get them there.

Even with a 600 series you won't hit 450 with just the Quad Race. The 600 series engines run about 285 to the wheels so even if you were able to scrape everything out of the Quad Race you would still only be around 415, but realistically you would see right near 400.

If you're on a budget you can do your own exhaust and intake for really cheap and get great performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering about all 3 bolt ons put on its HP, not just the Quadzilla. You did give me somethin to think on however, thanks, Im really wanting a 06 or 07 model one more then the others.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I hit 454hp with the hot juice, 5" tb magnaflow exhaust, s&b cai and a clutch to back it up, I was running out of fuel so look at getting a lift pump like a eliminator, airdog or fass too and gauges are a must when adding fuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, I have another question, would 6 inch straight pipe add any more power over the Magnaflow Kit?

·
Registered
204 Posts
IMO 6" is too big, unless youre running crazy high numbers. For 450hp, I think 4" will be fine, just dump the cat and muff.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just for clarification.....exhaust and intake mods DO NOT add HP like on a gas engine....they allow you too make power....but by themselves will only give you 1-2hp. If you wanna be right around 450 your best bet is the smarty....will put you right there. Next you'll want guages and a TC and VB (or clutch) upgrade so that the 450 is reliable, because a stock auto will not last long at that level.

IMHO, DO NOT WASTE your money on a exhaust kit.....just buy a cat delete pipe and a straight through muffler and throw those on....4" exhaust is still plenty for what your lookin for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts