Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll probably need a new clutch soon, this one was suppose to handle close to 400 hp... clutch will not handle a third gear launch.. stock only a quadzilla in and 33 tires.. am I to hard on the mecanic or I just need a better clutch?? witch one you recommand?? will need someting that can handle 800 hp

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
go bigger than what you think you need. definatly look into double discs, call up the guys from valair and they will set you up with what your looking for!

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,032 Posts
Yeah if you need a clutch for 800HP I would say you have no choice but to go dual disc..and maybe think about triple. That is a ton of power to be putting to the ground. I would check out the SBC Iron Giant, give Peter at South Bend Clutch a call and tell him exactly what your plans are with the truck and he will hook you up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
if your gonna do any type of racing sled pulling you better just get a dual disk right away, we made the mistake on my buddies truck because we were in a hurry to get a clutch and strapped for cash so we went with a high performance single, well we gonna have to put a dual disk in now, so save the money up front.

Do you have a lift pump?

K

·
0 Posts
i would suggest a dual disk from sbc if you got the money a triple from sbc they drive the same as the dual but can handle alot more abuse my dual disk handles a 3rd gear launch better than my truck(not enough power with out the smarty)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yess i have an aftermarket lift pump, but will change it, only 10psi idle and when truck is pulling hard it goes down to 3 psi :((

1 - 7 of 7 Posts