Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of Adding a Edge Juice w/ attitude, New Intake and a 5 inch exhaust. Will these modification affect my factory coverage?? I heard yes and I have heard no. I hear take out the chip when taking it in, but I am planning on mounting it on the A Support on the Drivers side Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks
Mark :beer

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
If you toast a transmission or other driveline component while running a programmer, it is not covered under warranty and is shouldn't be covered under warranty. If something totally non-incidental to the driveline is toasted while you are running a programmer, it is not covered under warranty but it should be.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've heard from several diesel mechanics from the big 3 that the only way to prove you had a truck programmed is to check burn patterns on the cylinders (Assuming you're not dumb enough to take it in programmed). Otherwise your truck will read the same as if you disconnected your batteries for a period of time. Besides that any time you remove the cat you automatically void the warranty so you can only throw a cat-back on it. I wouldn't push it when it's under warranty regardless.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I am thinking of Adding a Edge Juice w/ attitude, New Intake and a 5 inch exhaust. Will these modification affect my factory coverage?? I heard yes and I have heard no. I hear take out the chip when taking it in, but I am planning on mounting it on the A Support on the Drivers side Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks
Mark :beer
If your warranty is a big issue then I would advise against the Edge Juice. Most dealers are ok with cat-back exhaust and intakes but I would check with your local dealership if I were you.

·
Registered
769 Posts
It really depends on your dealer. I can take mine in anytime with no problems. Even with the gauges, intake, cold air intake, full exhaust with no cat., and with the wheels. But, they know me very well and know I don't beat on my truck. The other local dealer will void the warranty even if it only has a cat. back exhaust or only just a cold air intake. If I hurt something and I know it was my fault, I wouldn't even bother. That would be like stealing and I ain't going to do that. I have, however, unhooked the module everytime I had to take it to the dealer just in case though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts