Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I'm reading points to the CCV Filter...

Why the hell would this need replaced at 17,000 miles???

What else could it be, and if it does indeed need to be changed, should the dealer do it under warranty?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Look in your owner's manual in the back. It has all of the service intervals listed. I would get mine...... but its in the truck with a lot of snow around it.

It is not a warranty item if its routine up keep (supposed to go bad) just like changing the oil.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines out in the truck too.

From what I'm reading on here, it's supposed to last 67k.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should mention, I'm all stock, and run with my EB on at all times. I've never had any messages pertaining to regeneration, and no other problems with the truck.

This time of year, it doesn't get driven hard, but it's on the road at 60MPH for at least 10 minutes each trip.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got off the horn with the dealer....

It need a new crankcase filter, egr cooler clean, and something else... 5-6 hours labor and a new filter.

I'm glad it's covered under warranty, but what about next time?!

The dealer even said that this seems too soon for this to happen.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just got off the horn with the dealer....

It need a new crankcase filter, egr cooler clean, and something else... 5-6 hours labor and a new filter.

I'm glad it's covered under warranty, but what about next time?!

The dealer even said that this seems too soon for this to happen.
dont let there be a next time, do the deletes

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll see how it goes... If I have problems when the warranty is up, then I'll think about doing some deletes... Until then, we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
We'll see how it goes... If I have problems when the warranty is up, then I'll think about doing some deletes... Until then, we'll see how it goes.

Might bring up the fact that you have "heard of deletes" and just see how the service manager reacts. Couldnt hurt.

I do see how they could want to VOID the warranty once a tuner is put on...... but what about SIMS, I think thats different. BUUUUUT Im not a mechanic or an employee of Dodge.

Dave

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just from talking to the asst. service manager, i don't think they're going to be mod friendly.

I mentioned that I was a little pissed about Chrysler taking away the ability for me to read codes through the ignition, and he started in telling me that only they should read those codes, and nobody else really knows what they're doing... more harm than good... blah blah blah..

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had to change mine around 35k and it was under warranty and I already had the deletes done ,{my buddy is the diesel mechanic at the dealership}

1 - 11 of 11 Posts