Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

People in/near Phoenix, Arizona

1070 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jjv101
Hey guys,
I am in the market for a Cummins and started looking south because of the amount of Low Mileage, Clean, Low priced trucks in that area. I found this Theft Recovery 2003 Cummins at a Family runned business that is selling the truck.

Being all the way up in ohio i was hoping if someone in Phoenix, AZ would be willing to check it out for me, test drive it and tell me what you think! Since I do not want to waste a ton of time or money flying down there for a let down!

Would Greatly apperciate it!

Thanks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Im not in the Phoenix area, but there are a lot of really nice trucks in the area at dealers and private sellers that are going for good prices. Even if you flew down here to look at it, there are other trucks around to make it worth while. I am about 1 1/2 north of the Phoenix area and there are alot of nice trucks at local dealers that have been sitting on lots with reasonable prices. I'm sure if you came out you could easily make it worth while stopping at valley dealers.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh i did think about that, just finding some and making a list and a mini vacation going!
Could i get some names/sites of these dealers by chance?

Thanks!

· Registered
193 Posts
Larry Green is a GM dealer in Cottonwood that has a really clean white 06 Megacab. A friend of mine was looking at it and said it was gorgeous, but Im not sure of the price. They have another dealer in town down the street that is mainly used cars and there was a 03-04 dually there that I was told was pretty nice. Oxendale Dodge has a few really nice 03-06 trade-ins that they have priced pretty decent (Prices you see on the internet may not be what they are if you call). They are small town dealers and can be somewhat of the snake-in-the-grass type but if you call and know what you are looking at and wanting out of it, they will usually work with you. There are a few dealers in the Prescott area just over the hill that have some nice trucks too. There was a truck down the street from me for sale, I think he just sold it, but it was a 05 2500 6spd with 40K. This truck was spotless and he had me do all the servicing since new, nothing wrong with this truck at all. It was a 2wd, but only wanted what he owed on it, which I believe was 10,000-11,000. There are trucks like that to find all over the place.

· Registered
81 Posts
I am sure that you have already but you can get pretty specific on the auto trader website for the truck, its how I found mine through a private sale and it was well worth it.

On a side note, be real careful of any theft recover or salvaged trucks out here. Arizona's laws/practices for putting a vehicle back on the road are next to nothing compared to other states were they actually require major items to be replaced and to have a real safety inspection.

Good luck and happy hunting!

· Registered
229 Posts
Personally, I would be somewhat concerned about buying a theft/salvage truck in any of the states that border Mexico. I've heard that the Cummins powered trucks are quite popular for hauling illegals, & whatever they want to smuggle, back from the border. They have been known to do cross-country excursions ,which, destroys a truck.

The Mexicans like these trucks for their engines, also. They use them for irrigation pumps, generators, etc., in Mexico. Those trucks that are closest to the border are the most susceptable to being stolen.

Be careful!!!

Joe F.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys...i believe this particular truck is no longer available... however i have found a clean 2000 for sale via a private seller in arizona

all stock (except for tires and lift) one small spot of surface rust that i can see, and has 116k miles for a pretty good price! i really just want to find a truck whether it be a 12v (1998 QCSB perfered, or reg. cab long bed), 1999-2002 short bed (01-02 perfered) or 2003+ haha, starting ot get tired of looking!

· Registered
428 Posts
Depending on what your looking for, I found a 2006 Single cab 4x4 for 17k. Never was able to look at it, and im not totally sure if its still ava. but it was very clean and low miles. I looked at it and wanted it LOL. Theft recoverys in AZ can be back, most are used for border crossings. I had a 2001 F250 that was used for sucks things. So just make sure you do your research

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looking for a nice/clean 12v (1998 short bed would be amazing) 1999-2002 short bed or reg cab (2001-2002 perfered as im not wanting to mess with possibly having a 53 block, but will look at all clean trucks!) and 2003+ quad cab SB or reg cab!

· Registered
428 Posts
Take a look on Craigslist and look in car-truck under owner you should be able to see it if its still up i saw it yesterday.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone close to Gilbert, AZ? found a clean looking truck for a good price...anyone interested in taking a look at it for me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.