Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all my mods in my sig..... from a dead stop till lockup around 50mph what should my highest rpm be? What im trying to figure out is if 4k gov springs are sposed to turn 4000 rpm though the gears or is 4000 just a rating and you only get like 32-3400??

·
Registered
151 Posts
i just installed 4k gsk on my truck and the highest ive been able to rev it is 3100 although if it spins when hitting it off the line it will rev higher

·
Registered
23 Posts
4000 rpm is the rating for the gsk. Not the rpm your motor should turn when accelerating. Did you also do the 60# valve springs?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I didn't put the valve springs in. I don't feel a need to cause I'm only getting tops 3000rpm. If I was turning like 3500 I might consider it.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Your question is hard to answer.
If I let my cruise control do the throttle it never exceeds 2000 rpm from 35 to 70 mph.

TPS and PCM won't allow lockup at high rpms in order to protect the tranny.
You have to let up on the throttle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok.... whats the highest rpm I should see when I floor it from a dead stop and let it cycle through the gears?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.