Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from PDI, and they said that they have a code free dpf delete. I'm getting it installed next monday along with stage 2 cold air intake and edge juice w/ attitude. I didn't know they had a code free kit buy they claim they do, I guess I'll just have to confirm in a week.

They also said that they're working on a EGR code free delete kit, but they didn't give me any estimated release dates.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got my kit from PDI and the EGR block off plates from K2 and have yet to have a code. I am on my third tank of fuel and see a great increase in mileage. The only thing about the extra power is, I am gonna have to install a new clutch, if I want to use it. If I set the Edge above 2, the clutch slips.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got an automatic, you just using your edge chip to delete the egr codes? PDI said that if they did the EGR it would throw a code that the edge couldn't delete.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My EGR and DPF are MIA and I have had no codes. The only code I have seen, since the delete was a MAP Sensor code. I called PDI and was told that they have never heard of that before. I checked, and had knocked the connection loose when removing the EGR. Wiggled that plug a bit and walah, no more codes

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The Edge clears the EGR code just fine

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
It will clear the EGR code for the Valve side but not the code that is set by the Mixing Valve on the Exhaust manifold.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
It will clear the EGR code for the Valve side but not the code that is set by the Mixing Valve on the Exhaust manifold.
Right, I guess I should have been specific on that:thumbsup

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey pipliner did you get the kit from pdi with three seperate fooler boxes or one thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts