Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called both companies today looking to place an order and got shot down! PDI said that their code free dpf kit will not be available for a while. When I asked for a time frame they had no idea. When I spoke with them at the beginning of May they said their kit would be ready by EOM. :CRY:

Tried to call BADP and their VM is full (nobody answered) Has anybody heard if they have completed and tested their system? I am strongly considering just buying the kit without the code free and buy an edge.

Does anybody want to take my money?:$:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I think BADP is taking pre-orders on their code free kit and will be shipping early June. index You have to add $200 to whichever option to get the code-free box

I'm trying to find out the story with H&S (sold by PDI) myself.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I agree about the H&S code free kit + 1

·
Registered
238 Posts
Live on the Edge

I spoke to both of them and was told that it would be a while before the code free kit would be available. I ordered from PDI. Cost was my deciding factor.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i ordered mine from PDI and got the edge to clear the codes. just got it in the mail yesterday and havent put it on yet but i plan to over the long weekend

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
i ordered mine from PDI and got the edge to clear the codes. just got it in the mail yesterday and havent put it on yet but i plan to over the long weekend
Be sure to report back after all the installs:peelout

·
Registered
756 Posts
i e-mailed badp and for the box and delete pipe it is 775 puls tax and they are taking pre orders and are shipping around may 30th

·
Registered
117 Posts
code free is a rip off, i'm just going to buy the edge to clear the codes but it really doesn't bother me that much having a check engine light on, i just want the edge for the power and gas mileage.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
code free is a rip off, i'm just going to buy the edge to clear the codes but it really doesn't bother me that much having a check engine light on, i just want the edge for the power and gas mileage.
Yup i agree:thumbsup

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
:agree2: I feel the same way.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Right, Chrysler will keep flashing these ecm's, and that's why nobody will ever have a code free truck with mods. Bapd and the others will go on and on about how its gonna be two more weeks... at these fuel prices if they had a code free kit... we would have them.:thumbsup

Imagine how bad it will be for us if we vote in the american gangster!!!:thud:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update

Not sure how some of you are ordering the code free from PDI. They told me they have no idea as to when it will be availble. I did receive an email within a few hours after I posted here from BADP. They said they could ship at by 1st week of June.

I am starting to rethink the need for the code free. Sounds like instead of waiting and HOPING for the code free that I would be better off with the edge in the long run.

Will I have any check engine lights on with the Edge after having the badp installed? I have also heard that the Edge clears codes for both the dpf delete and egr delete...is this true?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I ordered code free anyway at $150. Maybe BADP will discount us folks if they come out with EGR fooler. :thumbsup

That or Bullydog with come out with clear codes on startup like Edge. That would make me happy.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Not sure how some of you are ordering the code free from PDI. They told me they have no idea as to when it will be availble. I did receive an email within a few hours after I posted here from BADP. They said they could ship at by 1st week of June.

I am starting to rethink the need for the code free. Sounds like instead of waiting and HOPING for the code free that I would be better off with the edge in the long run.

Will I have any check engine lights on with the Edge after having the badp installed? I have also heard that the Edge clears codes for both the dpf delete and egr delete...is this true?
If you allow the Edge to Clear the codes you should see no DPF or EGR delete related Codes.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
How bout passing inspection with a truck that has a check engine light?
:lol3: why worry about cel when most of the emmisions equipt.is mia?

Bob

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks

You are a great group of guys. I appreciate all the information and comments. I will be ordering in the next few days...can't wait!:peelout

·
Registered
91 Posts
Talked to Dr. Performance, and they're coming out with their dpf delete kit.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts