Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what will be happening and what will i be seeing as in lights and warnings when i take my DPF off and replaces it with a piece of pipe?

I bought the 6.7 not knowing how bad they screwed it up with all of the emissions crap and wish i still had my 05 5.9.

I just purchased the banks exhaust for it and after reading everthing tonight i think that i am going to send that back or just rip off the filter and weld a piece of pipe in its place.

Any and all suggestions would be more than welcome at this point!

thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DPF typo

yes i know it is a DPF not a PDF, before all of the harassment begins. thanks

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Well, You cannot just put a straight pipe in. You need to buy a fooler kit. Send the banks stuff back. Contact either PDI or BADP (addresses for both are posted many times on here) for the Delete kits. They have come out with code free setups recently. Also do a little reading in this section. There is a ton of information on them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do i need the kit?

do i need the kit?

·
Registered
838 Posts
if you don't have the fooler box you will go into limp mode and get worse mpg's and possibly still go into regen. i think someone has made there own thow... but defineatly need a fooler box

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Yes you need the kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts