Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here go the route of the power driven diesel pan off upgrades for the 48? About 1900 bucks for holding 400whp pretty solid (according to their youtube videos) I'd love to do this and efi live. One of the shops around me refused to do the pan off upgrades, instead wanted me to pay 5500 bucks for a built trans that held 100hp more than these upgrades.....dont have 5k for just a trans. Any upgrades yall have done that hold up let me know! I dont beat the truck but I do get on it every so often:stirpot:

·
Premium Member
7,072 Posts
Anyone on here go the route of the power driven diesel pan off upgrades for the 48? About 1900 bucks for holding 400whp pretty solid (according to their youtube videos) I'd love to do this and efi live. One of the shops around me refused to do the pan off upgrades, instead wanted me to pay 5500 bucks for a built trans that held 100hp more than these upgrades.....dont have 5k for just a trans. Any upgrades yall have done that hold up let me know! I dont beat the truck but I do get on it every so often:stirpot:
All of the guys over there are good people. Will is very knowledgeable in the 47/48 area and I dont think you will go wrong with buying their budget kit. Obviously how well it holds up will depend on your right foot.

Ive made over 600hp on the stock input shaft that held for years and never had a problem until I pulled the trans for a built unit. But I know guys that can break the stock input on a stock truck...

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
5,786 Posts
I honestly personally know one of the more important guys over there. And to be blunt, he is to smart for his own good. If he had a bigger interest in Nuclear Fusion he could probably figure out how to make a stable micro fusion reactor. I would trust just about anything he's willing to stand behind. They are a great bunch of guys over there

·
Registered
684 Posts
I had a trans that was slipping a minor amount when I’d get on it kinda hard. I installed my own pan off kit to get myself by until I could afford to dig deeper. I ran it about 10k miles like that before pulling the trans. I never had another issue with it, I just wanted a stronger trans as I plan to make more power soon.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Where do you get $1900? Looks to be a little under $1200 with their deep pan or less if you don't get the deep pan if I am looking at the right thing.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where do you get $1900? Looks to be a little under $1200 with their deep pan or less if you don't get the deep pan if I am looking at the right thing.
1900 ish includes their efi live tuning and csp5 if I did math correctly, but who knows I'm bad at math lol

·
Registered
796 Posts
Ah, gotcha. I thought it was just the pan off trans upgrade and was confused.

Only thing I did notice, it's a hair cheaper to buy the BD pan separately than add the "pdd deep pan" to their pan off kit if you were wanting the pan. I assume they are using the BD pan, because I can't find an actual PDD pan on their website.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Ah, gotcha. I thought it was just the pan off trans upgrade and was confused.

Only thing I did notice, it's a hair cheaper to buy the BD pan separately than add the "pdd deep pan" to their pan off kit if you were wanting the pan. I assume they are using the BD pan, because I can't find an actual PDD pan on their website.
I believe they use a PPE pan

·
Registered
796 Posts
I believe they use a PPE pan
They only list two pans, BD and aFe. I meant to ask them today but got busy with work. Seems weird they'd have a pan for this kit they don't normally sell. Maybe they switched and forgot to update the site? The BD is 2qts over stock and the aFe is 4 I believe.

The option specifically says, "PDD Deep Pan + 2qts. ATF"

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone on here go the route of the power driven diesel pan off upgrades for the 48? About 1900 bucks for holding 400whp pretty solid (according to their youtube videos) I'd love to do this and efi live. One of the shops around me refused to do the pan off upgrades, instead wanted me to pay 5500 bucks for a built trans that held 100hp more than these upgrades.....dont have 5k for just a trans. Any upgrades yall have done that
hold up let me know! I dont beat the truck but I do get on it every so often

I like pdd but that being saod pan offs can be done for a lot less I built a whole 600hp ish trans for around that price doing it myself

Look into the individual parts through someone like Tcs much cheaper

That included
Billet front servo cover
Billet dual ring accumulator and rear servo
Billet lever
Billet strut
Billet wedge
Billet input shaft
Billet single disk converter (I already had the converter and isn't included in the 1900$) with converter would've been around 2200-2300$
New sonnax overdrive piston retainer
Upgraded electronics
Trans go shift kit set to my liking
Extra clutches in direct and overdrive (Gpz's throughout)
New selectables,bearings, and bushings etc

But all that being said buying a kit like that half off the cost is paying for their knowledge off what works well together and what doesn't

So if you don't buy it like that you have to put in your time on the forums etc and figure it out

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there an accurate way to get the transmissions condition with the pan off? My trans is working pretty good but I have no clue if it’s close to fresh or on its last leg. I’d do a converter and the pan off stuff if I knew that the internals were in good shape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts