Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
who did you get the PCS from? cant they help

if finally starting my swap info, help, and been there done thats welcome

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, I was going to wait until I had posted my conversion story, but I may as well say it now. I have the fix to making your 5R110 shift perfectly. And you get to keep all the functions of the stock controller; including the tow/haul feature.

PM me for details.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hmm looks like another satisfied person using the stock tcm and using the sct fro custom tranny tuning.

I'm interested as I'll be buying a motor this week, if you don't mind could you send me a pm with some of your findings?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hmm looks like another satisfied person using the stock tcm and using the sct fro custom tranny tuning.

I'm interested as I'll be buying a motor this week, if you don't mind could you send me a pm with some of your findings?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No, actually, I'm using my own program I wrote for the stock PCM. I have several programs, one of which turns the 5r110 into a 6 speed. And no, I'm not talking about the useless gear between 3-4. I'm talking a whole other useful ratio.

I'm an electro-mechanical engineer, & I grew tired of people saying "You can't use the stock PCM, it won't work". So I set out to prove I could, & substantially improved it along the way.

Did I mention that the check engine light is fully functional, but I don't have any stray codes going down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting ready to swap my 5r110 out for a 4r100 due to an unsatisfactory 2 to 3 shift. I have worked with two different PCS tuners that just can't get the shift quite right. If the TCM tuning is capable of controlling it properly I would be very interested. Any further info you could provide would be much appreciated.

2007 F250 12v P-pumped 450 hp

·
Registered
37 Posts
im interested as well in this.would this work with the a v10 5r110?im told they are the same internally as the diesel version just different tuning.also would i still need to buy the pcs or just the parts to make the 12 valve connect to the trans?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am getting ready to swap my 5r110 out for a 4r100 due to an unsatisfactory 2 to 3 shift. I have worked with two different PCS tuners that just can't get the shift quite right. If the TCM tuning is capable of controlling it properly I would be very interested. Any further info you could provide would be much appreciated.

2007 F250 12v P-pumped 450 hp
It can, but I need to know how much power you're making. PM sent.

·
Registered
304 Posts
im interested as well in this.would this work with the a v10 5r110?im told they are the same internally as the diesel version just different tuning.also would i still need to buy the pcs or just the parts to make the 12 valve connect to the trans?
I'm not sure about the v10 version. It should work, but having never done one, I can't be sure.

No need to buy the PCS, I use the stock TCM which is located inside the PCM. I wrote a program for the PCM — that is how I got the check engine light to function properly, & not light up all the time. The I wrote a program for the TCM, that's how I get it to shift properly. You might need the PCM from a 6.0 Diesel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks cut7.would you be able to re program mine if i sent it to you or would it be cheaper just to find a 6.0 pcm?im assuming that the pcm would be built the same just with a different program.the way ford built these trucks they are very interchangable between the gas and diesel so it is cheaper to build them at the factory.id really want to keep my auto if it will run properly and save me from having to do all the fab work to run something different.on a different note,you have a very nice bike.i ride a cbr 1000rr

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts