Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to running on my 80 Crew Cab Coversion. Truck has 89 12V and a 47RH. I have used the toogle switches and the govenor pressure switch system to control OD and the converter L/U in the past. I'm not really happy with either. Thus far I have not found an aftermarket controller that really accounts for throttle pressure. What would it take to fit a later factory PCM to get better control. I believe I would need a PCM,TPS,Speed sense,flywheel position. What else?Can I fit a TPS to the 89 VE pump? Any other needs/pitfalls.

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
You can fit a TPS to your VE pump. You would need the bracket/TPS from an IC'd truck. Or you could make a bracket and use a later TPS. On DTR there is a post in the 1st gen section this guy installed a TPS from a 80+ 3.0 V6 Dodge to a 1st gen and it worked good. The TPS is aftermarket for about $30 or so. :D

Low buck TPS fix - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

The PCM for a 94 to 97 would work. They are easyer to find and use almost the same inputs. You had better find what year they went to VSS's in the rear axle. It might provide a different signal than our Vss does. I am not sure on that. If your running the orginal gages in the conversion you don't need gage inputs from that PCM. Just a check engine light for a warning.

·
Registered
841 Posts
post some pics:thumbsup

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone got a wiring diagram handy for the 94 to 97 PCM?

I'll get some picts up when I get the paint & bodywork done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts