Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

321 - 340 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
The sticker on my 3500 says my max payload is 4033lbs. But when I look it up on the Ram Towing charts it s 4200 - so who knows haha

Reactions: mattswaggs

·
Registered
15,795 Posts
The sticker on my 3500 says my max payload is 4033lbs. But when I look it up on the Ram Towing charts it s 4200 - so who knows haha
The web site doesn't know that you have 167 lbs. worth of options, but the sticker does.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Actually shows that the 2500 has 6,000 pound rear axle and the 3500 has 7,000 pound rear axle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine says 6,390 lbs rear. Mine is odd.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Yeah. Mine says 6040. Weird. Can’t remember where i read the 3500’s use 7000 pound axles.

Why would ours be random weights?

That is odd. We both have 2020 2500’s I had the transforce 275/70/18 tires stock. You would think my rear axle would be a lesser axle due to it being behind a wanna-be engine.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy N. and Lins

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Yeah not sure why they’re varying so much now.
maybe due to covid, they are rationing axle fluid. So they limit your rear axle based on how much fluid they could add to that particular truck.
It would explain things for @Jimmy N.

Reactions: Jimmy N. and Lins

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually shows that the 2500 has 6,000 pound rear axle and the 3500 has 7,000 pound rear axle

Physical axle is the same. Different suspension. Wheels and tires also change RAWR.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Physical axle is the same. Different suspension. Wheels and tires also change RAWR.
Good to know. So basically air bags, proper tires/wheels and I’m towing like a 3500.

What’s all the hubbub about RAWR then? Bag it and send it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good to know. So basically air bags, proper tires/wheels and I’m towing like a 3500.

What’s all the hubbub about RAWR then? Bag it and send it.

Without having the engineering, we don't know exactly where the weak link is for RAWR.

Plus, the suspension geometry in the newer coiled 2500s is set up for a cushier ride, at the cost of handling characteristics when loaded. You're gonna want to address that if you don't like experiencing your truck's ass wiggle.

Which is why the 3rd gens are superior. We still gots us leafs and shared geometry with the 3500s.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Without having the engineering, we don't know exactly where the weak link is for RAWR.

Plus, the suspension geometry in the newer coiled 2500s is set up for a cushier ride, at the cost of handling characteristics when loaded. You're gonna want to address that if you don't like experiencing your truck's ass wiggle.

Which is why the 3rd gens are superior. We still gots us leafs and shared geometry with the 3500s.
Does this address the geometry? Kelderman bags physically replace the rear coils.

·
Registered
240 Posts
321 - 340 of 401 Posts