Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part number for the Dodge Oil filter? I have MO-285. I just want to make sure that I have the correct filter.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
6.7 Liter oil filter

The Dodge part number is MO-285 that is what I have been getting and running. Do not buy a fram because it will swell the casing!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I found the Dodge filters at wal mart while I was looking for Valvoline premium blue oil. I am going to ditch the Fram filter. I have not had an issue with the fram filter.

·
Banned
706 Posts
I use Amsoil EO080 foil ilters on my 6.7. The micron rating is 15 for the amsoil and the fleetguard LF3972 is rated at 30 microns. Big difference is filtering. Good stuff aint cheap and cheap stuff aint good.
chris

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I use Amsoil EO080 foil ilters on my 6.7. The micron rating is 15 for the amsoil and the fleetguard LF3972 is rated at 30 microns. Big difference is filtering. Good stuff aint cheap and cheap stuff aint good.
chris
How do you find out micron rating for filters? Ive been using a STP filter.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah, it is an MO-285. You should be able to get it at Wal-Mart. DO NOT USE FRAM!

·
Registered
112 Posts
What is the micron rating for the standard Mopar Oil filter (MO-285 part number 05083285AA)? I had a parts person tell me it filters down to 9 microns which is great if it's true - especially since it's quite a bit cheaper than some expensive ones that only filter down to 15.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
What is the micron rating for the standard Mopar Oil filter (MO-285 part number 05083285AA)? I had a parts person tell me it filters down to 9 microns which is great if it's true - especially since it's quite a bit cheaper than some expensive ones that only filter down to 15.
Most oil filters can filter down to a low micron but the efficency will be very low. The mopars highest efficency micron rating i beleive is 30.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts