Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking online for a muffler delete pipe and was wondering which one to get, i'm hoping to just unclamp the stock muffler and bolt the slide the delete pipe right in. if anyone has a part number for me please let me know, i was thinking MBRP. thanks again, and any advice please let me know.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
....go to a metal shop or something, you can giv them the exact dimensions and it will be dirt cheap cuz they usually have scrap layin round

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,296 Posts
the mbrp is a quality unit and fits like oj's glove.

if someone hasnt posted the pn by the time i get
to the house, ill post it up.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i was looking online for a muffler delete pipe and was wondering which one to get, i'm hoping to just unclamp the stock muffler and bolt the slide the delete pipe right in. if anyone has a part number for me please let me know, i was thinking MBRP. thanks again, and any advice please let me know.
Here is a link:

Exhaust systems by MBRP

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see the aluminized piece but not a stainless? not sure if it's that big of a deal or not. i've been told that the factory exhaust is stainless? again thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i got mine from Genos...cheapest i found, includes a hanger too...fit perfect...and sounds GREAT...i was going to do it temporary until I put a stainless system on it, but think I might just leave it for a while because I like it

NO, factory system is not stainless

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
606 Posts
is the cat and the muffler delete pipe the same? sorry for my novice knowledge.
No they are different. They do have the stainless muffler delete like the first link I sent you, you just have to call.

To throw some opinions at you, you should do the CAT delete pipe then just get a better muffler replacement like MBRP, Magnaflow, Banks, or Diamond Eye.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm not looking to spend a lot of money on the truck, not sure how long i'll have it. i'm looking to get some good sound and just make the truck breathe a little better. so any opinions are GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
606 Posts
CAT delete pipe + muffler upgrade is >$200. 05 5.9 CRD? You will have fo-eva.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will the muffler delete pipe really do that much for me? like i said mostly looking for a cheap way for sound

·
Registered
116 Posts
muffler delete sounds good...wont do anything though as far as fuel economy goes...mine didnt anyway

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not really worried about fuel economy, just looking for a deeper sound

·
Registered
606 Posts
It will. You will have some cabin noise though. When you pull the old muffler off you will see how restrictive it is. The CAT is just as, if not more (due to clog's and melting), restrictive as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks

thanks for all the help CC and Dirt, i really appreciate it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts