Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so the line for my parking brakes that run under the truck broke. Its not the line itself but the connecter that connects one line to the other. Anyone know where I can get one?

·
Banned
95 Posts
try a junkyard, maybe see if you can find what its called and search ebay, or you might go dealer but it would be expensive. just a few ideas

sorry
Cameron

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I had that same thing happen on my '73 W200 when it was about 2 years old. I figured I had nothing to lose so I tried brazing it up. I eventually traded that rig to my Dad and when he sold it about 2002-03 it was still working good with the brazed joint.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I tack welded mine back together.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright i mean the piece is really rusted so im not sure how long it will hold after i weld it

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been wondering how to fix this issue myself, its like i can get it connected back together but it doesnt have any tension on it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
alright i mean the piece is really rusted so im not sure how long it will hold after i weld it
Well, you don't really have anything to lose by giving it a try. :confused013: :party018: I think brazing would be better in this instance if you have the capability of doing that, otherwise I would sure give welding a shot. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Worst thing that can happen is for it to break again. :S::S::doh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey yall, i just had my entire e-brake go out on me yesterday and was hoping for sum insight from u guys. this is wat happened; i pulled n2 my girlfriends driveway and applied the parking brake. as the pedel got near the floor, i heard a loud boom (like the noise it makes when u release it). i lifted my foot then tried to push it again and the pedel went 2 the floor but no e-brake applied. i pulled the release and nothing happened. i put the truck n reverse and it went back fine (e-break not stuck n the on position). it still drives fine. any ideas? dealer fix or can i? dont ask how it broke ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts