Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Paintless Dent Repair vs. Traditional Cost

953 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SeventyGTX 
#1 ·
Traditional auto body repair is a costlier method of repairing cars because it requires sanding, bonding, and painting of the repaired areas. It is, perhaps, better suited for significant repairs where paintless dent removal is not an option.
A traditional body repair and repaint costs an average of $3,000 and a few days at the body shop. A $750 PDR, on the other hand, provides durable and impressive results, with same-day repairs, and perfect blending with other panels; all without any records on Carfax.
So I prefer PDR than other method of dent removing. What do you say guys?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What do I say? I say it looks like maybe you are trying to sell something. What is that contraption holding the heat gun and why is it holding it??? PDR guys don't use heat, I have watched them several times over the years being in the body shop trade as a collision tech.

Also, $750 seems very high unless it is a lot of damage. I had a PDR guy come out to my house a couple years ago and take out 3 small dings out of two doors in my old truck and it ran $150. A good PDR guy is definitely worth it over filling and painting small dings providing the paint is not hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.